Our client a large Investment bank is looking for a UK Compliance and Operational Risk Manager at VP or Dir level.
This role will help with coverage of the Credit and Mortgages business lines in the UK, as well as several cross-asset teams within FICC, such as the Structuring and Solutions teams and Cross-Asset Sales. They require a permanent, full-time member of the team to help provide coverage across these business lines as part of a small team.
Overview of the Role:
This individual will help to deliver the Compliance and Operational Risk programme through:
- Understanding these Fixed Income and Credit business lines, as well as building relationships with key business personnel and Support Functions.
- Reviewing new product reviews, ongoing business initiatives and escalated transactions.
- Reviewing escalations of potential market abuse, including the examination of escalated surveillance alerts and the investigation and preparation of them.
- Considering operational risks for these business lines, including challenging operational loss events over a defined sum of money and scenario analysis.
- Reviewing regulatory change initiatives and undertaking impact assessments of such changes, including the implementation of new or updated Compliance policies, or hosting training sessions with the business.
- Identifying emerging compliance and operational risks, assessing the second line of defence control environment and implementing / completing Monitoring and Testing.
You will join the UK Fixed Income and Credit team in London and be one of the experienced members of the team. The overall team will consist of over ten team members. The team also work closely with the Electronic Trading, as well as our counterparts in Euro and America.
The successful candidate will require knowledge of Credit and Mortgage products and Trading/Sales practices. As an experienced VP or even a Director, We would expect the candidate to have solid experience in Line of business Compliance roles and be enthusiastic to help build their coverage in this space.
Inventum Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.