We are delighted to be working with an NHS body based in the Midlands who are seeking a Finance Manager (Band 7) for an initial 6 month contract. To be considered for this role, you must have experience working within the NHS as a finance professional previously or a recognised relevant healthcare organisation.
Key responsibilities include:
* Responsible for the financial management and performance of the Provider side of the organisation;
* Ensure financial information is provided monthly on all contracts; investigate highly complex enquiries providing challenge, assistance and advice as required and contribute to corporate reporting, providing strategic, business planning advice;
* Prepare and complete board commentary, statutory returns, and assist in the contracting round as a pivotal part of the overall team;
* Ensure all work is completed in accordance with developed procedures, timescales and legal requirements (including the budgetary control framework, standing orders and standing financial instructions), suggesting improvements as appropriate; in order to provide information for Statutory Returns/NHS Accounts, through completion of own work and through the co-ordination of the work of others;
* Ensure that the ICB operates to the highest standard of financial management, maximising value for money in its use of resources;
* Provide high level expert finance support to the Deputy Chief Finance Officer, as appropriate;
* Investigate and advise on highly complex financial issues, providing assistance and advice as required;
* The job description and person specification are an outline of the tasks, responsibilities and outcomes required of the role.
If you are interested in this role and are on a short notice period or immediately available, please get in touch today at firstname.lastname@example.org
Inventum's approach to equity, diversity & inclusion
Inventum Group seeks talent from the widest pool possible. We are committed to fair and equitable recruitment processes, regardless of applicant's background or characteristics, and we actively encourage applications from underrepresented and diverse talent.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to our application process. If you have any suggestions about how we can improve our processes, please do let us know - we want to do better.
Inventum's approach to job applictions
It is Inventum Group's policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual applicants. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.