A boutique multi-investment manager servicing UHNW / Family Office clients is looking for a Finance & Operations Analyst. Based across London and Jersey, they are small but a growing team of investors with a strong pedigree of some of the largest names in the investment management industry. You will be expected to be in the office at least 60% of the time.
This role represents an excellent opportunity to join a growing team with exposure across all investment types in the portfolio. As one of the business' early hires, you will be part of the team which helps shape the future of the business and build a platform through which we deliver best in class service. As Finance & Operations Analyst, you will quickly be given responsibility across a very wide range of activities in the management and operation of the portfolio as well as being a key individual involved in the running of the management company with a lot of scope for growth as the business grows in scale.
- One of the key first points of contact between our client and the portfolio administrator.
- Portfolio management software.
- Assisting the Head of Finance & Operations with preparation of quarterly portfolio performance reporting.
- Treasury management - Portfolio liquidity oversight and management, including foreign exchange management and monthly cash reporting.
- Portfolio monitoring and asset allocation analysis to provide relevant insight to the investment decision making process.
- Assist with broader expansion projects.
- Responsible for bookkeeping, cash management, billing and accounts payable for UK / Jersey management company entities.
- Preparation of quarterly management accounts for the UK / Jersey entities for presentation to board directors.
- Assist with preparation of quarterly Board Packs for escalation to the board directors.
- Preparation and filing of statutory accounts for UK / Jersey group entities including approval by the Head of Finance & Operations and board directors.
- To assist the Head of Finance & Operations with preparation of the group consolidated budget.
- Managing relationships with key service providers / stakeholders within the business.
- Ongoing review of internal controls and enhancing procedures to improve efficiency and automation of current manual processes.
Qualifications and competencies:
- Practice trained ACA or ACCA Qualified Accountant.
- Experience in the Investment Management industry would be ideal.
- Commercial knowledge and understanding of each of the major asset types.
- Self-starter who would thrive in a small company environment.
- Strong financial accounting background with experience in preparing management accounts.
- Experience in preparation of financial statements under UK GAAP.
- Accounting software experience, including production of reports preferable.
Inventum Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.