Our client, a global wealth and asset manager is looking for a Global Consolidations Accountant be based in London or New York.
The candidate will be responsible for managing the consolidation process, ensuring accuracy and compliance with accounting standards (both UK and US). This role requires a strong understanding of financial reporting, consolidation methodologies and experience working with multi-entity structures.
Key tasks include:
- Together with the rest of the consolidation team, transition of existing consolidation process from external consultants to in-house, maintaining timeliness and accuracy of consolidation of financial statements for multiple entities.
- Assist in the implementation and improvement of consolidation systems.
- Leverage new general ledger system and new consolidation system being implemented in 2024 to improve consolidation process and ease of review.
- Manage intercompany eliminations and reconciliations to ensure accurate consolidated results.
- Ensure consistency of process/results across entities under consolidation.
- Develop and maintain documentation of consolidation processes and procedures.
- Work with advisors in order to ensure complete and accurate purchase accounting/consolidation of any acquisitions.
- Ensure compliance with accounting standards (US and UK GAAP), regulations and company policies.
- Stay updated on changes in accounting standards and assess their impact on consolidation.
Key requirement to be able to apply for this position.
Qualified Accountant, ACA/ACCA/CPA designation required with 4-7 years post qualification experience.
Experience in consolidation accounting, preferably in a multinational environment and very strong experience in US and UK GAAP a must. Proficiency with general ledger software & systems. Experience working in an internal accounting team of an asset management/wealth management company, publicly traded company preferred; experience gained in an external auditor capacity is also acceptable.
Inventum is passionate about equity, diversity and inclusion. We seek individuals from the widest talent pool and encourage diverse and underrepresented talent to apply for vacancies with us. Inventum is committed to ensuring our recruitment processes are fair to all applicants, regardless of background and personal characteristics.
Inventum Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.