We are delighted to be working exclusively with a phenomenal global business based in Central London. We are seeking a part qualified accountant to assist the client as an Assistant Accountant. This role would suit a candidate who is looking to step up into more reconciliation experience, whilst still maintaining the general ledger and helping with month-end close.
Key responsibilties include but are not limited to:
* Performs accounting and other related duties for the organization.
* Assist in the preparation of monthly balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements.
* Maintains the general ledger.
* Codes invoices, sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books.
* Reconciles bank accounts at least monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
* Reconciles cash disbursement accounts, payroll, customer accounts, and other financial accounts; manages accounts receivable collections.
* Verifies and/or completes payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
* Aid on outside audits; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
* Assist Controller in filing tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies.
* Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
* Assist in month end closing
* Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time as directed Required Skills & Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in accounting, or related field, required.
* Two-three years of related experience required.
* Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills; experience with financial consolidations and reporting for multi-divisional entities a plus
* Excellent computer skills to include knowledge of accounting software programs, ideally SAP. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel
* Ability to manage competing priorities
* Highly detail oriented and excellent organization skills
* Outstanding written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty
If you are interested in the role, please apply today directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Inventum Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.