Are you a Trainee Accountant looking for progression? This is an opportunity for a challenge-hungry Assistant Accountant who is ready to enhance their technical scope while in route to qualification, supported by a great team in a nurturing environment.
Under the direction of the Controller, the Assistant Accountant will be responsible for the preparation and maintenance of financial records to track the organization's assets, liabilities, profit and loss, and other related financial activities.
- Performs accounting and other related duties for the business.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements.
- Maintains the general ledger.
- Codes invoices, sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books.
- Reconciles bank accounts at least monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
- Reconciles cash disbursement accounts, payroll, customer accounts, and other financial accounts; manages accounts receivable collections.
- Verifies and/or completes payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Aid on outside audits; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Assist Controller in filing tax forms with federal, state, and local government.
- Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices.
- Assist in month end closing.
- Assume other activities and responsibilities from time to time as directed.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, or related field
- Two-three years of related experience
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills; experience with financial consolidations and reporting for multi-divisional entities a plus
- Excellent computer skills - knowledge of accounting software programs, ideally SAP. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel
Inventum Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.