Assistant Financial Accountant
Study support and a salary incentive for every exam passed!
Our client, a global tech and digital solutions provider, is looking for an Assistant Financial Accountant to join their team on a hybrid basis, working 2 days a week in the office.
This is an outstanding opportunity for those on route to full qualification - they'll offer study support and salary uplifts at every exam passed plus an adjustment upon full qualification in exchange for your hard work and commitment.
Working in a team of 12-15, you'll report into the Head of Financial Accounts supporting the Financial Accounts side of the process, VAT and tax returns, amongst other elements.
What you will do:
- Maintaining the up keep of the intangible, tangible register and capitalized projects
- Assisting in preparation of the fortnightly cash flow
- Assisting in preparation of audit working papers and the statutory financial statements
- Assisting in corporation tax compliance
- Responsible for preparing and submitting indirect tax for UK and foreign countries (VAT etc)
- Responsible for ensuring the company is compliant in any UK and foreign VAT matters
- Assisting in ensuring external reporting requirements are meet (National statistics and other)
- Maintaining the group transfer pricing policy between UK and the overseas Companies
- Assisting in administration of the accounting system
- Providing support with the group consolidation system
- Maintaining and monitoring the company balance sheets
- Assisting in any project work when required
- Assisting the FD and HOFA in any ad hoc work
What you will have:
- Previous experience in similar roles supporting Financial Accounts, especially covering tax and indirect tax
- Knowledge of TAX and VAT returns is essential
- Ideally working towards a full qualification
- Confident excel skills
Inventum Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.