Commodity Product Controller - Soft Commodities in a Sustainability-focused Trading house
Hybrid, 3 days a week in the office (London, City)
International Travelling involved
A sustainability-focused commodities trading house based in the city, specialising in the origination and distribution of soft commodities to an international customer base. With operations in over 40 countries, the business has a presence in West Africa, Asia, Europe and North & South America.
Reporting to the Divisional Operation & Business controller, this role is focused on presenting and explaining P&L, ensuring the controls are in place, managing risk, monthly management reporting and support with business budgets, plans and capital management for the division. There will also be extensive interaction with other parts of the Group in accounting, treasury, internal audit and risk management and will involve some travel.
The Commodity Product Controller will be in charge of:
- Work with overseas subsidiaries and trade offices to ensure a high level of operational, reporting and financial control exists.
- Manage the monthly management reporting process for the Division, to provide insightful analysis of company and division results, risks and KPIs.
- Assist subsidiaries with cash management.
- Undertake risk management for given subsidiaries.
- Support production of budgets, business plans and capital expenditure for the division
- Work closely with subsidiaries to optimise systems and help execute a planned major system change.
- Qualified Accountant or equivalent experience in a Controller role.
- Relevant Industry experience and knowledge around commodities.
- Ability to work in a multicultural setup, liaising with teams in multiple locations.
- Spanish or French language skills are an advantage.
Inventum Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.