This is a unique role that would suit an experienced paralegal or solicitor who has experience of debt recovery. It is unique in that the will be focused on internal debt management, and the advisor will be managing the escalation and recovery of a portfolio of aged unpaid bills and mitigating the firm's overall exposure to stubborn or doubtful debts. The aim of this newly created role is to decrease the internal demands placed upon the Disputes team.
Working within the Risk & Compliance team, you will also be working closely with the Credit Control function as well as the Dispute Resolution team.
Key responsibilities will include to:
- Work alongside the Credit Control Supervisor to review aged debt exposure, weigh up enforcement costs against collection prospects and decide escalation measures on particular balances.
- Liaise regularly with the Risk and Compliance Manager and relevant Solicitors elsewhere in the firm to maintain a consistent approach to client communication and debt-handling protocols.
- Collate client engagement materials (client care letters, cost estimates and updates) and liaise with clients on particular debts, negotiating payment terms and monitoring compliance.
- When required, prepare and send letters before action, issue Court proceedings and manage the conduct of those proceedings (including considering and advancing legal arguments) through to judgement. Thereafter, to progress enforcement and oversee recovery efforts, as necessary.
What skills do you need for this position:
- Paralegal, Legal Executive, or Solicitor level qualification will be an advantage.
- Experience in a previous credit control or debt recovery role is preferred
- Experience of working with and influencing partners and other fee earners to prioritise their debt management alongside other client work.
- Confident in using MS Office tools, particularly Excel.
- Confident to work autonomously, prioritise tasks and deliver to deadlines both urgent and longer term.
- Thorough attention to detail, persistent and determined when needed.
This role will can be full-time or part time - if part time it will be for a minimum of 3 days per week.
The firm operate a hybrid model, with a minimum of 2 days attendance at the office each week
Inventum Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.