Our client of ours, a large Investment bank is looking for an Electronic Trading Risk Manager at a VP Level.
Overview of the role and key responsibilities:
- Identifying and categorising the risks associated with electronically traded flow.
- In coordination with the business, technology and control partners establish and/or validate that oversight exists for all identified risks.
- Ensuring risk oversight feeds into the appropriate governance model.
- Reviewing intraday trading limits structure/controls and establishing/validating limit setting logic where necessary.
- Development of metrics and identification of key performance metrics quantifying the effectiveness of the risk framework.
- Reviewing electronically traded flow in the context of system capacity constraints and the operational environment.
- Reviewing the use of trading algorithms and the associated risk & control framework.
- Developing a uniform standard for the use of trading algorithm controls taking account trading requirements and market impact.
- Working with Technology to identify and manage control risks.
- Conduct compliance and operational risk assessments of the Electronic Trading, incorporating review of external loss events to assess control effectiveness.
- Provides independent review and challenge of the Risk & Control Self-Assessment system.
- Leads the efforts and/or contributes to monitoring and testing coverage plans and related metrics for the Electronic Trading platform.
- Monitor and test the effectiveness of the Electronic Trading platforms compliance and operational risk controls.
- Identify aggregate, report, and escalate compliance and operational risks, issues and control enhancements.
- Identify compliance and operational risk training needs, provide subject matter expertise to support development of training curriculum.
- Provides consultation to business leaders in preparations for regulatory exams and audits.
- Inspect those commitments made regarding actions in response to Matters Requiring Attention ("MRAs") and other actions are completed.
- Escalate regulatory relations concerns to Compliance and Operational Risk Executive.
To be suitable and able to apply for this position you will require the below.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent degree.
- Experience in same arena or relevant risk management experience.
- Knowledge of FICC products and market structure.
- Understanding of trade processing systems, technology, and /or infrastructure.
- Experience covering an Equities and / or FICC Electronic Trading business and have familiarity with the tools, services, marketing and other offerings of such business.
- Quantitative and/or risk management skills/experience nice to have but not essential.
Inventum is passionate about equity, diversity and inclusion. We seek individuals from the widest talent pool and encourage diverse and underrepresented talent to apply for vacancies with us. Inventum is committed to ensuring our recruitment processes are fair to all applicants, regardless of background and personal characteristics.
Inventum Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.