Job Title: Senior Financial Accountant
Job Type: Permanent, Hybrid, 3 days in office, 2 days from home
Reports to: Financial Accounting Manager
The focus of the role is on continuous improvement, understanding of the business and good collaboration with all internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensuring proper accounting in compliance with legal and internal guidelines to ensure correct monthly, quarterly and annual submissions in accordance with US GAAP and local accounting requirements
- Helping accounting manager with oversight of the financial operations for the UK & Ireland legal entities including submissions of monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting and schedules in accordance with US GAAP as well as local accounting principles.
- Responsible for the timely preparation of year-end financial packs and statutory accounts for UK and subsidiaries.
- Manage the year-end pension process, liaising with external parties to collate all the information, preparing the year end schedules and responsible for SOX control on pensions.
- Key contact person for auditors regarding annual statutory accounts. Manage the audit process for UK. Liaise directly with auditors to respond to audit queries in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure the balance sheet, cash flow and supporting schedules are prepared monthly. Provide commentary on cash flow variances verses prior year and budget. Identify areas of improvement
- *Prepare, review and submit Balance Sheet, inventory and Cash flow forecasts as part of the annual budgeting process.
- Oversight of reconciliations of all US GAAP balance sheet accounts including preparation and review of recs with all discrepancies investigated and rectified in timely manner
- Continuous Improvement and project management, actively reviewing internal cross-functional processes with a view to continually improving them, identifying areas for optimisation, and taking the lead on projects
- Supporting the accounting manager with monthly and adhoc tasks as required
- Business partnering with the broader business, including directly working with HR, Legal, Shared Services, key contact for Internal audits and internal control
- Deputise for Financial Accounting Manager
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA, CIMA) - strong accounting experience required
- Experience in audit & stats preparation
- Advanced Excel modelling skills
- Experience using different IT systems
Inventum Group is passionate about equity, diversity and inclusion. We seek individuals from the widest talent pool and encourage underrepresented talent to apply for vacancies with us. We are committed to recruitment processes that are fair for all, regardless of background and personal characteristics. If you require any adjustments to apply for a role with us, please let us know in whatever way suits you best.
Inventum Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.