Financial Controller - Real Estate/Property Development
Hybrid - Swiss Cottage are - NW London
12-14 month FTC Mat Leave Cover
Are you a qualified Financial Controller within the Real Estate/Property sector looking for your next role soon?
This market-leading property company, based near Swiss Cottage, is looking to cover their current Financial Controller on her maternity leave for at least 12 months, potentially 14. This company has demonstrated excellent growth over recent years and continues its phenomenal success story, as it invests in new ventures and continues to win multiple awards.
The company operates across the entire real estate life cycle including planning, construction, sales and marketing, and asset management and employs over 140 people.
Responsibilities and impact:
- Financial management of the group, including but not limited to:
- Prepare Board pack and commentary on financial performance for FD review
- Manage the preparation of consolidation of accounts
- Manage group cash flow position
- Managing the financial control and accounts payable tasks (including payment runs, CIS, VAT returns)
- Managing the statutory reporting of the individual entities and coordination of annual audits
- Assist with setting and reviewing annual budgets, forecasts and re-forecasts
- Managing the current finance team, and deputise for the FD when needed
- Financial management of current and future property development SPVs including but not limited to:
- Assisting with the appraisal process
- Liaising with the commercial team to assess the performance of developments against construction budgets
- Assisting with the monthly valuation process and the drawdown process with banks
- Assisting with bank financing, and due diligence process for new deals
- Liaising with professional advisers regarding structuring for VAT, SDLT and corporation tax purposes.
- Assisting with reporting to investors
The successful candidate should have the following background and characteristics:
- Must be a fully Qualified Accountant
- Experience in the Construction/Property Development
- Experience and knowledge of:
- - IFRS and UK GAAP financial reporting
- - Financial and management accounting (including audit)
- Knowledge of Sage and COINS preferable
- Preparation and experience of VAT accounting
Inventum Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.