Global Head of Project Management
We are working on a C-minus one role to support the Chief Transformation Officer of a global soft commodities business based in Central London. The client are looking for a Global Head of Project Management or equivalent title to support them on a permanent basis to cover all project-led work and be the focal point of the business for projects small and large. This role will also see the successful incumbent stepping in for the Chief Transformation Officer as and when required. Based in London for the majority of the role but some travel will be required.
This is a senior leadership role and as such, requires a number of years in post previously working closely with C-suite. The client are looking for stability and key creative successes in recent history of candidates careers and are keen to hire someone from a commodities background if possible.
The Global Head of Project Management:
Will play a key role in driving change management of CTRM and ERP, in addition to a variety of other initiatives while mentoring and upskilling the current project support teams, focusing primarily on large-scale global projects.
- Providing higher level and wider scope of management to projects and project teams, as well as the wider organization
- Authority to structure projects or operate projects day-to-day and delegate tasks to individual project managers and teams, collaborating with the new developing PMO as appropriate
- On behalf of the Chief Transformation Officer, monitor, assist and ensure completion of action items and key tasks
- Assist other executives (e.g. Executive Committee) on request and provide expertise in their project, process improvement and change management specialism
- Strong communication internationally to diverse locations and individuals, across multiple business units, including assistance in senior management presentations related to projects (e.g. Board level)
- Representative of the Chief Transformation Officer in meetings and discussions
- Big picture assistance to the organization, including mentoring and coaching to other projects and teams, including setting up structures, tracking, evaluation and controls around new strategic and more complex projects
- Bring a professionalism in project management methodologies, while being a visible advocate and champion of change and continuous improvement
- Hands on problem solver if and when required
- Early warning sensor for the Chief Transformation Officer; sense and feel where project teams, members and the company may be uneasy or could become uneasy; strong and active change management mentality and getting ahead of things to ensure cohesion and buy-in; develop communication strategies with existing in-house lower level communications resources in the project
- Provide encouragement to project teams
- Coordinate with external parties assisting with larger projects, to ensure a professional, efficient and effective partnership
- Believe and drive the organization to positively transform the lives of people and our business through change management
- Serve as mediator to internal issues and conflicting priorities for members of cross-functional teams
- Conduct readiness assessments and apply corrective actions. Strong problem solver, highly organized and structured, empathetic open transparent profile.
Track record of leading or being a key part of a CTRM or ERP delivery within a global multi-national and multi-process environment, savvy enough to liaise with senior management while being hands-on with the implementation teams at the same time; a preference that this experience was from within the commodities industry
CHANGE MANAGEMENT SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The proactive identification, evaluation and diagnosis of the organization's current change adoption capabilities, to define and integrate strategic change management activities into project plans
- Communication strategies, which include understanding and defining communication needs, audiences, messages and channels, with the aim to facilitate the adoption of changes to processes, technology, tools, and job roles among others
- Assist planning, delivery, and management of a training-learn-knowledge approach through the development of training programs, as well as communication efforts that support the comprehension of end-users
- Monitor change progress and the later assessment of the business' readiness
- Help lead the strategic design of training plans to drive end users toward the successful adoption of the new CTRM and ERP system
- 10 + years of proven experience in project management leadership, planning, tracking, process improvement and/or change management areas
- A solid background or exposure to commodities
- Relevant Six sigma, project management, change management or coaching professional certifications
- Strong leadership and mentoring capability, particularly in multicultural environments
- Practical experience operating agile methodologies and training/coaching others in this area
Inventum Group seeks talent from the widest talent pools and welcomes applications from all suitable candidates, regardless of background or personal characteristics.
Inventum Group is a Disability Confident Employer. If you require any adjustments to the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 3008 4381.
Inventum Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.