Head of Legal - Recruitment
A global recruitment organisation, which also provides recruitment tech solutions too is looking to hire a Head of Legal to support growth, and the governance framework of the business.
In a role that will see you collaborating with internal stakeholders, such as the Compliance and Contractor Onboarding teams, you will have responsibility for ensuring the business meets its legal, statutory, and regulatory obligations.
Some of the key responsibilities will include :
- Ownership for the Group terms of business across services lines including implementation of new business models (where appropriate)
- Review and negotiation of contracts with clients and suppliers (including contractors)
- Work with leadership and the wider business to drive client negotiations, executing contracts in line with HN's risk acceptable risk framework while achieving favourable commercial outcomes.
- Review and provide guidance on non-standard terms which includes but is not limited to data Protection, insurance, liability as well as general operational risks
- Providing general commercial legal support to the various business units, including preparing and delivering training in-house, when appropriate, on key legal areas of interest.
- Monitoring and advising on regulations and legislation that will impact their business.
- Acting as the Group DPO
In this newly created role the key skills required include:
- Excellent legal knowledge, either qualified by experience or other relevant qualification from UK or other foreign jurisdictions
- Extensive knowledge of legal matters relating to the recruitment industry, eg governing employment status, IR35,
- Strong commercial acumen with the ability to lead a value add function
- Robust leadership skills with experience of dealing with numerous senior stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to effectively question and challenge practice
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
This unique role could suit a recruitment professional who has worked in Commercial Contracts function, or a qualified lawyer/Legal Executive/Paralegal with strong exposure to employment law and recruitment issues.
This expanding organisation is proud of the positive culture within the company, they embrace Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, and actively encourage development and progression.
This role can be based out of London or Birmingham.
This is a hybrid role - 2/3 days office based, the rest remote
Inventum Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.