A global consultancy client of ours which offers financial risk management and operational treasury services is looking for a Hedge Accounting & Valuation Consultant to join the asap. The role can either be based in London or New York. The expectations is that you work three days in the office as a minimum.
They provide clarity, guidance, and expert knowledge in the management of Interest Rates, Foreign Exchange, Cash, Banking and Commodities.
The role will manage and deliver the hedge accounting and web-based hedge valuation services. The position will also be responsible for significantly contributing to the growth of the business line in the future.
- Advise and support clients in the delivery of hedge accounting reports, valuation statements, and all other services/products delivered as part of PMCA.
- Manage the day-day administration of the business line, including the appropriate procedures for client onboarding, the addition of new users and new client trades on the web-based application. In addition, ensure that comprehensive and robust procedures and controls are in place and adhered to in respect data integrity testing.
- Ensure that the business is run strictly in accordance with its policies and procedures and be the key contact point for future audits.
- Oversee the billing process.
- Remain fully up to date with all accounting standards relevant to the provision of hedge accounting services in different jurisdictions.
- Work closely with colleagues in the development of this business line. Also, work closely with other consultants in the development of strategies, setting objectives, policies, and plans, including identifying and targeting potential clients.
- Work with developers, and the Treasury team, to enhance the web-based hedge valuation offering.
- In addition to client assignments, work with the rest of the team in connection with marketing and selling services to its existing and new client base.
- You will also as and when required assist in the day to day tasks connected with the operation.
- Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 4 years of experience, including hands-on responsibility with the appropriate attention to detail for the delivery of hedge accounting and valuation services.
- Ability to understand the financial risks faced by a business for which the firm provides hedge accounting and hedge valuation services.
- Experience working with, and managing, strict adherence to controls.
- Current knowledge of all relevant accounting standards. An accounting qualification would be an advantage but isn't essential.
- Highly professional approach commensurate with the ability to provide successful presentations to financial sponsors and the senior management of operating companies.
- A strong desire to grow the business and have direct impact on its success.
- Self-motivated; possessing tenacity and having perseverance.
- Consultative style: strong listening skills, articulate. Able to communicate simply and effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a balanced open personality, straightforward in style with a sense of humour; an excellent relationship builder.
**Inventum is passionate about equity, diversity and inclusion. We seek individuals from the widest talent pool and encourage diverse and underrepresented talent to apply for vacancies with us. Inventum is committed to ensuring our recruitment processes are fair to all applicants, regardless of background and personal characteristics**
Inventum Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.