Interim Finance Manager - 9-12 months Mat Leave cover - Immediate start
FTC or day rate outside IR35 possible.
Fantastic team and opportunity at a leading independent marketing and media consultancy focused on using the power of data, analytics, and technology to help companies and brands improve marketing performance and achieve better return on marketing investment.
They are looking for a Finance Manager in London on an interim basis for a Maternity cover contract. The contract runs until December 2023.
Scope and Responsibilities:
· Running the month end process for all UK companies (including the Head Office/Corporate function) - ensuring all Group reporting deadlines are met each month and accurate, quality information is produced
· Responsible for all the UK balance sheets (including the Head Office/Corporate function) ensuring all reconciliations are completed monthly and strong controls put in place
· Responsible for the P&L and management accounting for UK non-trading divisions and the Head Office/Corporate function
· Overseeing the UK payroll function ensuring strong controls are in place and that all payroll information (including submissions and payments to HMRC and pensions) is thoroughly checked and processed before each monthly payment
· Overseeing the accounts receivable, payable and credit control functions
· Responsible for working capital management, reducing net accrued/deferred income balances and debtor days
· Responsible for managing our cashflow (incl regular forecasting) looking days/weeks ahead to foresee any cash issues and help with solutions to solve these
· Being the main point of contact with the auditors during the year end audit (and half year review) ensuring all their requests and queries are answered timeously and there being no unadjusted differences on their SUM
· Running the UK's annual statutory accounts process ensuring the stats for the UK legal entities are produced in accordance with FRS 101 and working with the auditors and Group Finance ensuring these are signed off timeously
· Preparing the annual tax packs for use in the corporation tax calculations and tax returns
· Approval of regular online banking payment runs
· Completion of National Statistics forms
· Involved in the budgeting and quarterly reforecasting of the non-trading divisions
· Assist in improvement of accounting systems and processes
· Helping develop the professionalism and skillsets within the UK finance function through the appraisal and goal setting process, establishing clear career paths and through learning and development
· You will be fully qualified ACA/ACCA (or equivalent) and possess 5+ years of progressively responsible experience preferably within a marketing services or technology business
· You will have excellent people management and development skills
· You will have Advanced level spreadsheet skills and PC literacy
· Good knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS
Inventum's approach to equity, diversity & inclusion
Inventum Group seeks talent from the widest pool possible. We are committed to fair and equitable recruitment processes, regardless of applicant's background or characteristics, and we actively encourage applications from underrepresented and diverse talent.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to our application process. If you have any suggestions about how we can improve our processes, please do let us know - we want to do better.
Inventum's approach to job applictions
It is Inventum Group's policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual applicants. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.