- Internal Communications Manager
- Until end of November
- Remote - can be based around the UK
Responsible for contributing to the development and delivery of a new employee communications strategy for for a leading Utilities Business.
Support to establish an internal communications strategy, ensuring organisational messages are produced in keeping with the goals of the project and values of the organisation. Ensure organisational initiatives and projects are successfuly communicated to employees and stakeholders. Formulate internal strategy in response to crisis PR situations.
Plan, edit and write content for a variety of internal communications mediums, such as a staff intranet, newsletters or bulletins
Report into Comms Director.
- To work with the Employee Communications Manager and Employee Communications Lead as a dedicated team. Contribute to both delivering a new employee communications strategy and developing this with colleagues in this team.
- To provide specialist communications support in the implementation, development and operation of a broad/varied range of assigned activities. Giving advice to a wide range of internal stakeholders seeking to promote specific areas of corporate activity and delivering that activity to defined deadlines.
- To implement employee communications campaigns and initiatives as directed by the Employee Communications Manager.
- To have, or develop, up-to-date implementation skills across different internal communications channels. To have, or develop, basic video editing and design skills.
- To have a good standard of written and spoken English. To be able to write in a variety of styles as demanded by the role. To be able to provide a good level of copy editing and proofing.
- To monitor feedback loops and employee contact points as requested (e.g. email accounts) to ensure a timely response to queries.
- To work closely with relevant HR personnel to ensure timely delivery of messages to the workforce.
- To act as a professional point of contact and engage with personnel across the business in sourcing and developing stories for internal communications channels.
- To research and write engaging communications stories aimed at the workforce.
- Work closely with the Communications and Socio-economic leads at each site to develop positive stories and good practice to share with all employees
- Comply with the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments. Support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety Environment and Quality on Site.
- Support the effective deployment of company-wide policies, processes, systems and procedures ensuring that at all time the business remains compliant. This includes, but is not limited to, the need to comply with the company's Equality and Diversity Policy and undertake identified associated learning and development activities.
- Travel and attendance at the sites relevant to the post holder will be required, as agreed with the Employee Communications Manager.
Inventum's approach to equity, diversity & inclusion
Inventum Group seeks talent from the widest pool possible. We are committed to fair and equitable recruitment processes, regardless of applicant's background or characteristics, and we actively encourage applications from underrepresented and diverse talent.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to our application process. If you have any suggestions about how we can improve our processes, please do let us know - we want to do better.
Inventum's approach to job applictions
It is Inventum Group's policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual applicants. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.