Management Accountant & Finance Ops Consultant - 6 months +
We've partnered with one of the largest Education Groups in the UK as they look to secure a Consultant with Management Accounts capability to help relief pressures on the Management Accounts team, in addition to help digitalise processes within a particular unit of the Group based in Oxford.
A little bit of context and expectations for the role:
Aside from the typical Management Accounts core responsibilities, there is an urgent need for a professional to help centralise and modernise processes within the Finance team, where part of the bookkeeping is done manually on paper ledger books (i.e. petty cash) and certain functions of the systems operate independently from the rest of the group - the consultant will help centralise this, digitalise tasks and make processes in finance more streamlined, safe and robust.
This is a core part of this role and it is imperative that the candidate is able to walk in and work with full autonomy with minimal supervision, and can identify gaps, enhance digitalisation and improve systems reporting to Management on needs and changes. The consultancy piece accounts for 50% of the role, meaning this is not simply a Management Accounts position.
To add value to this team, you need to be well-versed in navigating ambiguous environments, understand systems and have a clear vision of what an efficient Finance department looks like, in addition to the ability to influence stakeholders and map the appropriate steps to achieve these improvements.
What you will do:
- Support the Head of Management Accounts in all aspects of Management Accounting
- Take a lead role in all aspects of the budgeting and planning processes under the direction of the Head of Management Accounts.
- Have a full understanding of all income streams, ensuring monthly reconciliations are completed, identifying adjustments required to accurately record this income within the management accounts.
- Support non-finance colleagues in managing their budgets by providing clear advice and training. Aim to improve financial confidence and competence in all College management teams.
- To support the Head of Management Accounts to provide the College's financial information required for Ofsted and PFA Auditors.
- To support both the Head of Management Accounts and Head of Financial Accounts over the year-end Financial Audit as requested.
- Ensure production of accurate and timely management information to meet the needs of the College as instructed by the Head of Management Accounts.
- To analyse how transactions are recorded and processed, digitalising any manual books
- Make improvement suggestions working collaboratively with the London teams to ensure operational cohesiveness
- Take the lead on systems integrations
- Communicate progress to stakeholders establishing adequate timeframes for completion of each step
Ultimately, you will treat this as a mini-project and collaborate with Finance and the wider team to ensure the Oxford unit is operating seamlessly.
If you are a capable Management Accountant looking for a more varied role where you get to leverage your process improvement experience, come talk to us!
Inventum Group is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.