Senior Accountant/Controller (Full-time or 4 days per week)
1-2 days in the office depending on business needs.
Our client, a global commodity trading and processing company is looking for a Senior Accountant/ Controller in Kingston to oversee the accounting and reporting of our UK operations and month and year end closings on a relatively small scale, working with another 2 Accountants.
The Senior Accountant/Controller will look after two separate business that operate under the parent company and will be responsible for the following:
- Oversee the month end and year end closings for both of our UK coffee operations
- Generation and validation of Group management accounts
- Partner with local management in preparing annual budgets and forecasts
- Manage expenses, payroll, the UK VAT return
- Monthly review of inventories and reconciliation
- Monthly reporting to the ultimate parent company via their reporting tool
- Reconciliation of intercompany accounts
- Chief liaison with UK external auditors
- Liaison with auditors in Singapore and Dubai for local filing requirements
- Maintenance the internal control system
- Supervise and mentor 2 other Accountants
Skills & Experience
- Fully Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA) - essential
- Intercompany reconciliation experience within international environments
- Strong Excel capability
- Experience with SAP BYD would be a strong advantage
Inventum Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.