Senior Corporate Counsel - Corporate Treasury & Finance
A global mining and natural resources company is seeking the expertise of a Corporate Finance Lawyer to act as a strategic partner to help protect the Group's financial positions, improve legal performance and effectively manage finance related legal risks.
This is an opportunity for a creative and collaborative corporate finance lawyer to use their legal knowledge and skills in a complex organisation to work alongside the Chief Counsel, delivering:
- Providing strategic, transactional, compliance and risk management support to Corporate Treasury, including advising on:
- Corporate Finance on global debt programmes, share buybacks, sustainability-linked financial products and liability management.
- Structured and Project Finance on major projects and negotiating financing arrangements.
- Providing general legal support to Group Finance and Corporate Tax, including on M&A and restructuring, financial transactions, capital management and tax disputes.
- Capturing finance learnings from across the Group, providing training and horizon-scanning of regulatory developments and external risks.
- Actively participating in strategic planning and development related to financing, regulatory compliance and liability management for the Group level, including appropriately assessing risks and safeguarding the Group's reputation and financial position, tax liabilities and compliance.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- to be a qualified lawyer 5PQE+
- demonstrable experience in structured, project and corporate finance
- a strong understanding of financial, corporate legal and governance drivers in multinational companies
- proven track record of engaging with senior leaders and working collaboratively with their teams to meet shared business objectives.
- an ability to think laterally across different technical areas, to be open to ideas and other viewpoints, and to work with a team to find pragmatic and risk-based solutions to complex issues.
- experience in natural resources and or mining would be advantageous
Applications are open to lawyers from both Private Practice and an in-house environment
You will be joining a collaborative organisation, that can provide excellent professional development and career pathways.
- annual bonus of 20% +
- long term incentive plans
- family friendly health & medical programs
- leave for all of life's reasons (holiday, paid parental, sick leave)
Inventum is passionate about equity, diversity and inclusion. We seek individuals from the widest talent pool and encourage underrepresented talent to apply for vacancies with us. We are committed to recruitment processes that are fair for all, regardless of background and personal characteristics. If you require any adjustments to apply for this role, please let us know.
Inventum Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.