his leading global law firm is looking to recruit a Senior Financial Accountant. You will be working within Group Statutory Accounts and compliance in addition to Group Management Accounts, providing support to Business Services directors/Management of the firm and reporting to the Group Financial Controller in London and Johannesburg. The team also works very closely with other teams within Finance and other departments.
Predominantly your duties will be:
- Involvement in the preparation of the Group's Limited Liability Partnership financial statements under applicable International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Preparation and review of the statutory financial statements of some of the LLP's subsidiary undertakings.
- Working closely with the audit team and liaising with the accountants in the Group offices to ensure that the audit completes efficiently.
- Responsibility for the accuracy and delivery of regulatory and statutory reporting of all our UK entities and working with local finance teams to ensure local complianceWorking closely with the tax team, especially regarding partner related matters, transfer pricing, VAT etc.
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly management accounts for the UK region. This includes preparing specific month end adjustments, providing support to Business Services directors/Management of the firm and reviewing the monthly figures for the UK region.
- Preparation of HLI wide adjustments (e.g., Bad debts, rebates, cost allocations).
- Incorporating the trial balances and cash books of some non-UK office into the firm's consolidated monthly accounts.
- Assisting with accounting complications, journal processing, the review of balance sheet control accounts and ensuring compliance with the firm's policies. This includes working with global finance teams to ensure control and compliance is consistent globally.
- Contributing to the preparation of quarterly Group management accounts for the firm, together with supporting commentary explaining and interpreting the results.
Required Qualifications/ Experience:
ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent.
- Ideally from a law firm background although not essential.
- Experience with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) is an advantage.
- Ability to deal with managers at a senior level and partners both in and outside the UK when required. Diplomatic yet persuasive.
- Strong analytical rigour, proven forward planning skills, and ability to work to strict deadlines.
- iligence and the ability to review his or her own work, as well as of other team members critically. The output of the candidate will have a very high profile and errors will be noticed.
- Pro-active and continually be looking to add value to the areas of work assigned to them
It is Inventum Group's policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual applicants. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.