Senior Legal Counsel
If you are a Solicitor with strong transactional Competition law (5+ PQE) experience, and are able to deliver creative and pragmatic legal advice within a fast paced and challenging environment then this new opportunity within a global mining company could be a great career move.
This could a great move if you want to move from practice, or if you are an in-house lawyer already, it is an opportunity to take on full resposibility for the competition law piece.
In this standalone role with a global focus, reporting into the Chief Counsel, you will have responsibility for:
- Providing day-to-day substantive and procedural competition and merger control advice across Groups and functions.
- Supporting M&A activities by co-ordinating global merger control and foreign direct investment filings and managing third-party responses to enquiries from regulators.
- Managing the Group's competition law compliance programme, including developing training and supporting the competition and dawn raid controls framework.
- Capturing and leveraging competition learnings from across the Group, horizon-scanning of regulatory developments and external risks, providing updates to the Group and briefing senior management.
- Leading and managing external partnerships with law firms and economists, including effective and efficient management of budget and resources.
To be considered you will need the following:
- Qualified Solicitor ~5 years' PQE in a law firm with prior in-house experience, with significant experience in Competition law
- Be able to demonstrate that you are trusted contributor with strong competition law experience (ideally with a post-graduate competition law or economics specialisation)
- Strong analytical skills in law and economics.
- Understanding, skills and experience of legal and governance drivers in a multinational complex organisation
- Proven track record of engaging with senior leaders and working collaboratively with their teams to meet shared business objectives.
This organisation fosters a great work culture, that is inclusive, respectful and striving for innovation and continuous improvement.
Inventum Group is passionate about equity, diversity and inclusion. We seek individuals from the widest talent pool and encourage underrepresented talent to apply for vacancies with us. We are committed to recruitment processes that are fair for all, regardless of background and personal characteristics. If you require any adjustments to apply for a role with us, please let us know in whatever way suits you best.
Inventum Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.