Inventum has partnered with a growing independent agency, the Senior Account Manager is a critical member of the team, involved with and overseeing all clients' campaigns and projects. This role brings the full suite of services together to drive business growth for advertisers. You'll work on approximately accounts across different categories, likely food, charity and fintech. Reports into a Business Director and manages an Account Executive.
For the right person, this is therefore an opportunity for gaining high level exposure to client and agency management. We would craft a clear progression plan, and there would be straightforward Account Director headroom for a high achieving, successful candidate.
- Oversee the use a variety of research tools to identify and profile target audiences, and evaluate your clients' position and opportunity within their respective categories
- Understand how to effectively combine both claimed and observed, qual and quant data, and clearly brief Executives to conduct valuable, actionable research
- Help translate strategic platforms into implementational briefs for activation teams and media owners. Appraise responses to brief, identifying any discrepancies or inaccuracies, and oversee Executives translating to clear, concise client-facing documentation
- Know clients' media plans like the back of your hand. You understand how our campaigns relate to clients' strategic goals, and can fluently describe media ideas, formats and targeting in detail, across all offline and online paid channels
- You know exactly what needs to happen for campaigns to go live on time and according to plan, and ensure team members know all the aspects of campaign management
- Maintain visibility of copy delivery, trafficking sheets, tracking & tagging.
- Implement and oversee campaign reporting, whether dashboard or spreadsheet-based.
- Line-manage an Account Executive. Own their personal development plan, coach and guide them in their training, and be responsible for regular, constructive 121s.
- Support and present in pitches. Oversee new client onboarding.
- Proactively contribute to agency development projects, for example marketing, thought leadership, DE&I, sustainability.
Essential skills & experience:
● 5+ years' marketing/advertising experience. Including at least 3 full years in a full service
(offline & online) UK-focused media agency
● Some experience of working on performance-based business
● Able to independently run important client meetings. Capable of project managing all
account workflows, ensuring all projects stay on brief, on deadline, and on budget
● Experience of training and coaching team members, and line management
● Thorough knowledge of media channels' metrics, relationships with brand and business
objectives. Good grasp of channels' roles, limitations, common vendors and formats
● An excellent multi-tasker, exceptionally well-organised, outstanding attention to detail
● Always diplomatic, proactive, inquisitive and positive
● Media buying experience in OOH, press, digital
● Experience working on pitches and/or onboarding new clients
Inventum Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.