A fantastic opportunity has become available with a top tier Investment bank looking for a Senior Tax Advisor (Hiring at AVP/VP/Dir levels) to join an established team based in London but could also be placed in Paris if this is a preference for the applicant. The Senior Tax Advisor will report to the Head of international Tax and will work closely with a small team of tax professionals.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the below:
- Provide tax advice to and manage tax risks associated with certain business and operation units in the EMEA Global Banking and Markets lines of business, including the review and approval of new products and changes in the bank's operating models.
- Oversee the managed outsourcing arrangement for certain countries within EMEA, including: the review and approval of corporation tax filings, tax provision calculations and tax authority audits and settlements.
- Review and evaluate the impact of any new tax legislative proposals or changes, communicate the impacts to internal stakeholders and develop any necessary advocacy or action plans.
- Oversee tax governance and risk management consistent with the global framework; determine local tax guidelines; and implement initiatives to improve operational excellence.
- Work with colleagues in International and US tax and assist with queries on the local tax implications of global activities.
- Develop and approve tax planning initiatives with significant impact.
- Represent the Bank at industry body forums and perform advocacy services as required, including industry submissions and liaising with tax authorities or government representatives.
- Significant level of post qualification experience in international tax.
- Currently working within a financial services corporate tax department or with significant subject matter expertise in banking taxation at an accountancy or law firm.
- Effective communication skills. The role involves a high level of interaction with senior stakeholders in management, business and support groups on taxation matters
- Strategic vision. Anticipate tax consequences arising from business developments or legislative change; develop tax effective solutions.
- Ability to influence key stakeholders and champion new ideas & initiatives; strong advocacy and negotiation skills; build strong relationships; resolve conflict; diplomatic.
- Ability to manage multiple issues simultaneously.
Inventum is passionate about equity, diversity and inclusion. We seek individuals from the widest talent pool and encourage diverse and underrepresented talent to apply for vacancies with us. Inventum is committed to ensuring our recruitment processes are fair to all applicants, regardless of background and personal characteristics.
Inventum Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.