Our client an international payments Financial Services aligned fintech SME business, that provides payment products and services to clients in the UK and Internationally are looking for a Technical Reporting and Controls Accountant.
The Technical Reporting and Controls Accountant is responsible for developing new processes and reporting structures to generate monthly Legal entity Balance Sheet and Income Statements.
Key responsibilities would include:
- Working with a variety of stakeholders across the Finance team
- Developing a first-class financial control function encompassing all aspects of controllership including reporting, controls, and balance sheet reconciliation
- Legal entity reporting for a rapidly growing International Group, including the strong understanding of international accounting standards
- Preparing monthly templates and training the team to develop and maintain management and financial reporting requirements across all Group companies
- Supporting project work affecting the business including business development, regulatory change, and finance transformation
- Development of the accounting staff - both direct reports and sharing knowledge with the wider team.
The successful candidate will also become heavily involved in project work to automate current procedures, improve the control environment, and will work with several senior people across the Payments and Banking Services divisions of the Group. To assist the Head of Financial Control with the audit process and producing the financial statements during the year-end reporting period and to assist with balance sheet reconciliations and controls across the group throughout the financial year.
Key accountabilities in summary include:
- Stakeholder Management
- Month End Close which include but not limited to: IFRS2; 9, 10, 15, 16, 21 & 38
- Management Reporting
- Statutory Reporting
- Deal with Regulators
- Financial Control
- Technical support (IFRS, UK/US GAAP)
Knowledge and Experience required if you are applying for this role:
Significant work experience in large group and international audits. Excellent knowledge of IFRS accounting standards, particularly those that impact foreign exchange businesses. Experience in accounting for new IFRS accounting standards - IFRS 2, 9, 10, 15 ,16, 21, 36 and 38. Experience in the accounting of derivative financial instruments. Experience of project managing multi country audits to regulatory deadlines and Management of external auditors at a senior level.
Relevant degree > Must be a qualified CFA, ACA, or equivalent e.g. CA/CPA > Experience of audit and financial statement preparation gained within professional services or advisory firms, "ideally big four trained"
Inventum is passionate about equity, diversity, and inclusion. We seek individuals from the widest talent pool and encourage diverse and underrepresented talent to apply for vacancies with us. Inventum is committed to ensuring our recruitment processes are fair to all applicants, regardless of background and personal characteristics.
Inventum Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.