Technical Reporting Controller
Our client, a global Financial Services and Payments Fintech, is looking for a Technical Reporting Controller to joint their team in London. The Technical Reporting Controller is responsible for developing new processes and reporting structures to increase robustness on the generation of monthly Legal entity Balance Sheet and Income Statements.
Core expectations for the role:
- Working with a variety of stakeholders across the Core Finance team
- Developing a first-class financial control function encompassing all aspects of controllership including reporting, controls and balance sheet reconciliation
- Legal entity reporting for a rapidly growing International Group, including the strong understanding of international accounting standards
- Preparing monthly templates and training the team to develop and maintain management and financial reporting requirements across all Group companies
- Supporting project work affecting the business including business development, regulatory change and finance transformation
- Development of the accounting staff - both direct reports and sharing knowledge with the wider team.
- Assist in the month end Close ensuring the accurate and complete capture of specific tasks which include but are not limited to Share Based Payments IFRS2, Lease accounting under IFRS16, Assessment of Intangibles under IFRS38, Consolidation accounting under IFRS10, Revenue Recognition under IFRS15, ECLA assessment under IFRS9, FX Revaluations under lAS21.
- Capture of monthly interest calculations for all loan notes and senior debt structures.
- Significant contributor to the successful production of monthly income statement and balance sheet per entity.
- Coordination of entity commentary from Cost Control and Balance Sheet Control teams.
- Assisting the Financial Control team to meet all monthly, quarterly and annual reporting requirement when required.
- Assist in the UK audit deliverables preparation This will include liaising with the Cost Control and Balance Sheet Control teams to provide coordinated responses to auditors.
- For overseas audits to liaise with overseas auditors to assist in the completing of subsidiary audits.
- Design, Operate and Refine control framework / processes
- Perform completeness assessment of the Chart Accounts, to ensure consistency across entities and resolve.
- Continuous evaluate existing processes and make changes which enhance efficiency and control
- Support in conversion from UK GAAP and IFRS to US GAAP
- Relevant degree and professional Accountancy Qualification (ACA, CIMA or ACCA)
- Solid experience in complex Financial statement consolidations in a multi-currency environment
- Significant work experience in large group and international audits
- Excellent knowledge of IFRS accounting standards, particularly those that impact Foreign exchange businesses
- Experience in accounting for new IFRS accounting standards - IFRS 2, 9, 10, 15 ,16, 21, 36 and 38
- Experience in accounting for subsidiary acquisitions including those achieved in stages
- Experience of project managing multi country audits to regulatory deadlines
- Experience in complex Financial statement consolidations in a multi-currency environment
Inventum Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.