An incredible global law firm are seeking the expertise of a Trademark Paralegal to join their small legal team.
This role will see you use your technical trade mark abilities, design formalities, submit official forms and process incoming communications at UKIPO and WIPO. Also, you will be corresponding with fee-earners across our international practice, clients and foreign IP counsels. The role will suit someone who can monitor deadlines and remind the fee earners in good time while seeking instructions in relation to, and dealing with, renewals.
You will need to be a process-driven person who can support administrative tasks as well as including producing status reports for trade marks. At the same time, you will be designing, managing foreign IP counsels' invoices, electronic filing of correspondence and assisting with data entry as well as maintaining our IP database. That role will include more responsibilities in time.
So, what do you need to be considered for this role?
- At least 1 year experience in trade marks with essential design formalities or renewals.
- A qualification as a CITMA Paralegal would be an advantage but if the successful candidate has no such qualification, the firm will be happy to sponsor them.
- A good working knowledge of UK and/or EU trade mark law is preferred.
- Experience in managing a significant workload and adhering to tight deadlines.
- Experience in implementing and maintaining processes with ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Meticulous, with good attention to detail and well-organised.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as well as good inter-personal skills.
- Team player, pro-active and able to demonstrate initiative.
- Strong computer literacy and experience with Google Docs and Corsearch.
It is Inventum Group's policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual applicants. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.