A client of ours who is an SME media firm are looking for a new UK Finance Director. The primary purpose of the role is to oversee the financial management of the UK and Ireland businesses, provide financial support to the MD and management team and help drive the commercial performance of the business. This includes assisting the business to achieve its revenue growth and profitability objectives and manage its cashflow as well as fulfilling the Group's budgeting, reporting and tax compliance requirements.
Role is based in London where two days will be in the office and the rest of the week can be from home.
Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to:
- Support the drive for continued best in class operational efficiencies.
- In collaboration with the Group finance and operations teams, develop project budgeting and reporting processes and systems and appropriate metrics to enable managers to plan, monitor and improve the performance of client projects.
- Understand trading risks and assist business to ensure protections are built into commercial agreements whenever appropriate.
- Identify trading performance risks through clear articulation to UK management and Group Finance team.
- Drive sales/commercial teams to help resolve queries in relation to project set-up, revenue recognition, billing and credit control issues.
- Assist business managers to develop their commercial and financial awareness through training and guidance.
- Fulfil requirements for Group reporting, budgeting and forecasting.
- Oversee financial control and compliance with internal and external requirements for the UK businesses.
- Oversee the annual and monthly management accounts and balance sheet review processes and ensure the accuracy, quality and timeliness of financial reporting to group.
- Maintain financial controls and financial processes and enhance these wherever necessary.
- Identify balance sheet risks and their mitigation.
- Management of UK banking and FX in conjunction with Group Finance Manager.
- Oversee the performance of the team members and their delivery of services to the business including setting of individual objectives and monitoring of their achievement.
- Seek ways continuously to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the UK finance team and of its processes and systems.
Looking for a minimum 5+ years' experience as a Qualified Accountant from a relevant Industry. Able to demonstrate commercial awareness. Experience of managing a team and of driving process improvement and automation. Strong numeracy and analytical skills and aptitude for problem-solving.
Inventum is passionate about equity, diversity and inclusion. We seek individuals from the widest talent pool and encourage diverse and underrepresented talent to apply for vacancies with us. Inventum is committed to ensuring our recruitment processes are fair to all applicants, regardless of background and personal characteristics.
Inventum's approach to equity, diversity & inclusion
Inventum Group seeks talent from the widest pool possible. We are committed to fair and equitable recruitment processes, regardless of applicant's background or characteristics, and we actively encourage applications from underrepresented and diverse talent.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to our application process. If you have any suggestions about how we can improve our processes, please do let us know - we want to do better.
Inventum's approach to job applictions
It is Inventum Group's policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual applicants. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.