Construction Lawyer (In-House)
We are working with an international aviation company who is looking for a Construction Lawyer with previous experience in Construction and Infrastructure Law. This role will involve working in a permanent position supporting their busy Legal department in London. This excellent opportunity could be really positive for a candidate who wants to use their skills and background within a top tier company.
The aim of this role is to provide professional legal expertise to the firm's solutions function (including the Procurement and Infrastructure teams) in respect of all forms of supply chain contracts, with a particular (but not exclusive) focus on matters relating to infrastructure and construction projects.
There must be a willingness to take on a flexible diverse workload to meet the varying needs of the business and to up skill in other areas of the law as may be required. Also, the Construction Lawyer will ensure that advice is provided with a view to promoting compliance with contractual, legal and regulatory requirements and ensuring the business is fully legally compliant.
General Tasks and Duties
- Negotiate, review and draft contracts and any other documentation/arrangements relating to procurement activities within the company
- Provide specific legal support on construction and infrastructure matters, utilising existing
- Manage a diverse and flexible workload according to business needs
- Ensure that appropriate reporting to Executive team and senior lawyers is maintained
- Take a proactive approach to personal development, ensuring that all professional requirements are met and that the role holder is equipped to perform their job to a very high standard
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualified Lawyer with a minimum of 1 year PQE
- Previous experience in Construction/Infrastructure Law
- Good and demonstrable experience in use of NEC forms of contract
- Educated to a degree level (or equivalent), and further/Masters level highly desirable.
- Experience of diverse aspects of contractual legal advice with a track record of completing successful transactions with a high level of personal involvement
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit your most updated CV!
Inventum Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.