We are delighted to be working with a leading media client based in Central London who are seeking a fully qualified Finance Manager on a permanent basis. This role is offering £55,000-£60,000 for a fully qualified accountant (preferably ACA but other accounting qualifications will also be considered) and will oversee the transactional finance department.
To be considered for this role, you should ideally have experience in either SAP Business By Design or Netsuite, have previous media industry experience and have strong statutory accounting knowledge, as part of this role is to deal with the statutory accounts as well as oversee the finance team.
A full list of job responsibilities can be found below:
- Review draft trial balances and other data drawn from the finance system, identify areas of concern and take responsibility for and work with other members of the finance department to resolve any issues arising from the review
- Prepare monthly management accounts in a timely manner for review by the Head of Finance and departmental directors. Identify and explain variances between actual and forecast results and identify issues to be brought to the attention of management.
- Prepare draft commentary on management accounts for review by the Head of Finance.
- Manage distribution of online management reporting to directors, heads of department and other budget holders as appropriate.
- Act as first point of contact for any queries arising from management information distributed.
Month End Processing
- Work with the Finance Executives to ensure proper month end closure.
- Take responsibility for month end timetable, ensuring that sufficient time is allowed for proper review of management information prior to its formal presentation to Directors.
- Prepare and post month end management journals.
Annual Financial Statements
- Prepare draft statutory financial statements and prepare documentation and information required for annual audit.
- Ensure that all audit adjustments to the annual accounts are understood and reflected in the company's books and records. Bank and Cash Reporting
- Prepare forecast and budget cashflow information.
- Prepare 13-week cashflow forecasts and monitor and report on actual cashflows against forecasts.
- Act as administrator for electronic banking facilities. Maintain the facility in good working order, paying special attention to ensure that appropriate controls are maintained.
- Identify and implement improvements to the electronic banking systems as appropriate. Finance Systems
- Manage the relationship with Access Solutions to ensure the smooth running of the system
- Be the first point of contact for queries from team members on the finance system.
- Work with other members of the finance department to update and improve existing systems and implement new systems.
Working with the Finance Executives:
- Maintain regular review of Purchase Order system to ensure that it is operating properly and delivering budgetary control to individual budget holders.
- Identify exceptions, e.g., overdue invoices, investigate causes and resolve any issues.
- Identify and implement improvements to the PO system as appropriate Payroll
- Check monthly payroll data supplied and prepare and process monthly payroll journal into the finance system.
- Reconcile salary control, HMRC PAYE & NI and staff loan accounts monthly.
- Manage submission of annual payroll returns to HMRC.
- Review VAT accounts and quarterly VAT returns prepared by the Finance executive.
- Ensure all backup documentation is properly filed.
- Manage our relationship with HMRC, with respect to any VAT or PAYE inspections.
If you are interested in this role, please apply directly or send your CV to email@example.com
Thanks and good luck!
Inventum Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.