We're working with a super fun client based near Brentford who are seeking a qualified Financial Accountant to help them for a period of 4-6 months depending on internal transformation. This role would suit someone who is immediately available who has very strong technical finance skills including IFRS, UK + US GAAP who has worked on large ERP systems previously.
This role will move very quickly with interviews happening this week and the successful candidate starting over the next 10 working days. It is offered on either a day rate (inside IR35) or a fixed-term contract, dependant on candidate preference.
The role is hybrid - flex 3 days in the office and 2 at home (there is some further flex behind this) with the HQ in Brentford - office presence important with external auditors as and when they are in the building for obvious reasons.
Job title: Financial accountant
Length of contract: 4-6 months
A globally recognised, listed company within the leisure sector, recruiting for a qualified financial accountant to join the UK division's Finance team during a period of transition on a 6-month fixed term contract.
Reporting to the financial controller, the position involves close, regular contact with a range of stakeholders and provides a key link between the UK Division and the wider Group.
- Work closely with the UK Finance Controller, assisting with the delivery of UK subsidiaries' statutory accounts in a timely and accurate manner
- Liaise with auditors and prepare working papers on key audit areas
- Assist with the preparation of ad-hoc requests from various stakeholders
- Ensure management accounts are prepared in line with appropriate accounting standards
- Provide useful analysis to key stakeholders
Management Accounting and Reporting
- Provide the Group Team with timely and accurate management information
- Delivery of monthly management accounts with insightful analysis and commentary
- Ensuring clear, consistent and effective communication is delivered to the team to provide clear direction and a vision
- Effective time-management to ensure maximum performance and consistent operational delivery is achieved
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA Qualified with 1-3 years PQE
- Strong technical accounting experience covering IFRS and FRS 101
- US GAAP knowledge is advantageous but not essential
- Able to undertake wide ranging work from administration to technically challenging work eg accounts disclosures, knowledge of corporation and deferred taxation
- Able to deal with people at all levels and meet tight deadlines
- Desirable (but not essential) experience includes accounting for business transactions, handling company secretarial duties and working with Microsoft DAX
- Strong MS Excel skills to generate insightful analysis from large quantities of data (eg pivot tables, lookups, Power Query, etc).
- Able to organise your own priorities and workflow
If you are interested and immediately available, please get in touch today at email@example.com
Inventum is passionate about equity, diversity and inclusion. We seek individuals from the widest talent pool and encourage underrepresented talent to apply for vacancies with us. We are committed to recruitment processes that are fair for all, regardless of background and personal characteristics. If you require any adjustments to apply for this role, please let us know.
Inventum's approach to equity, diversity & inclusion
Inventum Group seeks talent from the widest pool possible. We are committed to fair and equitable recruitment processes, regardless of applicant's background or characteristics, and we actively encourage applications from underrepresented and diverse talent.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to our application process. If you have any suggestions about how we can improve our processes, please do let us know - we want to do better.
Inventum's approach to job applictions
It is Inventum Group's policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual applicants. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.