Legal & Company Secretarial Assistant
We are working with a Global Publishing Company who specialise in academic and scientific publications who have a new opportunity for an enthusiastic Legal/Company Secretarial Assistant to join their growing team in London. This hybrid working position is well suited to an individual that is looking to advance their career and gain hands-on experience in a thriving and supportive workplace.
This Assistant role will be providing the Legal and Company Secretariat Teams within the London General Counsel's Office with administrative support on a broad range of matters.
Some (but not all) responsibilities will be:
- Organising, setting up and preparing meetings using electronic calendars and conference systems. This may include preparing presentations and reports.
- Supporting the smooth operation of the Legal Team, which includes conducting legal research and effectively communicating its impact on the business.
- Liaising with notaries and law firms to ensure the safe delivery and return of documents in the UK and overseas.
- Liaising with Companies House and company auditors for all UK statutory filings and administration.
- Drafting simple contracts from precedents, such as non-disclosure agreements.
- Experience working as an assistant or in an administrative role.
- Experience in providing company secretarial support, Including liaising with notaries and external law firms
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and equivalent Google packages
- Commercial legal experience with a focus on company law (Desirable)
- Proficient in Diligent Entities (previously Blueprint), the corporate structure database (Desirable)
- Secretarial qualifications or similar is desirable. (Desirable)
The company is committed to creating a great working environment which includes the benefits you receive, opportunities for you to develop your skills and ways to get to know your colleagues.
Inventum Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.