Legal Counsel - Commercial Contracts in Media & Tech
A Digital Media company is seeking a Legal Counsel to join their London office in a newly created role. This organisation is passionate about the UK's broadcasting industry and you will being a part of a vibrant and collaborative team.
Working alongside the Head of Legal, you will be able to use your strong commercial law and experience of negotiating contracts in an organisation that aims to bring free to view TV to homes in the UK. Key to this role will be your ability to help mentor and supervise other members of the team.
This organisation embraces ED&I - this role is therefore open to lawyers qualified in in any jurisdiction, as long as you have a minimum of one year's experience gained within the UK in commercial law.
Key duties will include:
- Drafting and negotiating a full range of Commercial contracts covering Tech & IT, Marketing & Advertising
- Advising internal stakeholders to include Procurement & Finance on key issues and risks in commercial agreements
- Producing guidance on latest legal developments
- Assisting with the development/update of template contracts and documentation
- Reviewing and advising on company compliance across various areas including data privacy
- Assist with the supervision of other members of the legal team to include reviewing management and supporting of the rest of Legal Department
This Legal Counsel role is open to Solicitors with the following skills:
- A minimum of 4 years' PQE (from any jurisdiction)
- Broad commercial law experience to include commercial contracts, GDPR & data privacy and IP
- Strong drafting experience
- Supervisory experience
- In-house legal experience or secondment experience is desirable.
- Knowledge of media, advertising and technology industries.
- Tech savvy and able to work with paperless systems.
This organisation offers a hybrid and flexible working model as well as a friendly and supportive environment. This is a unique opportunity to develop your career within an team that actively promotes personal and professional development
Inventum Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.