We are supporting a client based in Central/East London on their search for a Management Accountant. This is a permanent vacancy offering autonomy and leadership whilst also being part of the wider finance team at general meetings and supporting the rest of the finance division.
This role is to be office-based for the first 6 months of probation and then hybrid/flex after successful completion of probation. It would suit a fully qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA or ACCA) but they are open to finalist/part qualified also if you have relevant management accounting experience.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
- To support the Head of Management Accounts and where required lead on:
- Delivery of monthly management accounts
- Collation of the financial information for the Annual Planning Process.
- The uploading and maintenance of annual budgets into the accounting systems and ensuring that the delegation limits set with the accounting system align with the agreed delegation thresholds.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the Head of Management Accounts in the delivery of monthly management accounts for the group, including its subsidiaries.
- Have a full understanding of all income streams, ensuring monthly reconciliations are completed, identifying adjustments required to accurately record this income within the management accounts.
- Take responsibility for monitoring accruals and prepayments held on the balance sheet, including a monthly reconciliation.
- Take responsibility of monthly monitoring of transactions to ensure accuracy and completeness. Develop a thorough understanding of all budgets.
- Take a lead role in all aspects of the budgeting and planning processes under the direction of the Head of Management Accounts.
- Support and advise budget-holders on budget setting, monitoring and control processes.
- Support the Head of Management Accounts with any other planning or reforecasting needs as required.
- Assist and advise on the preparation of guidance materials for budget holders to ensure that processes, roles and responsibilities are clear.
- Ensure delegation limits are clearly understood and these are maintained and reflected within annual budgets. Amending delegation routings as required to reflect changes or changes to delegation limits.
- To develop and maintain a clear understanding of the current and developing funding body rules on finance the proper use of funds and eligibility, addressing their impact upon the operations of the financial and commercial aspects of the management and taking the necessary actions to ensure adherence.
- To meet regularly with your allocated budget holders, professionally representing the finance team at the meetings.
- Support the two Management Accountants at budget review meetings as required.
- Support non-finance colleagues in managing their budgets by providing clear advice and training. Aim to improve financial confidence and competence in all management teams.
- To support the Head of Management Accounts to provide the financial information required for the auditors.
- To support both the Head of Management Accounts and Head of Financial Accounts over the year-end Financial Audit as requested.
For a full confidential discussion, please get in touch directly at email@example.com. This role will move quickly as there is currently no-one in post so if you are immediately available or on a week's notice, this is a bonus but not a pre-requisite.
Inventum Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.