Management Accountant/Assistant Controller - Immediate start - 400p/day
Our client, a reputable Financial Services firm is looking for a Management Accountant/Assistant Fin Controller immediate joiner on a 3-month contract minimum until early 2023 and possibly beyond.
Role scope: Managing the day-to-day running of the Finance Team to deliver an outstanding level of service to the company team and will ensure the efficient management of the company's finance. The scope is, however, not limited to Management Accounts and there are elements of Financial Accounts and the right candidate will deputize for the Executive Director of Finance when needed.
- Monthly closing process: analysis of the results, indicator monitoring, analysis and understanding of gaps
- Preparation and review of monthly and annual closings of the accounts
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare and submit quarterly VAT returns
- Develop and implement new procedures
- Ad hoc reporting
- Preparation of the financial statements (IFRS)
- Intercompany recharging and reconciliation
- Improvement of financial process and procedures
- Day-to-date management of the finance team of one
- Responsible for the audit calendar, preparation of the group accounts for annual audit.
- Ensure good working relationships with auditors and other external advisors
- CIMA or ACCA qualified, ideally from a banking or financial services background
- Team management experience
- Must have Xero financial system and payroll experience
- Day rate: Circa 400 per day inside IR35
- Length of contract: 3 months +
- Immediate start
- London central location, working hybrid
Inventum's approach to equity, diversity & inclusion
Inventum Group seeks talent from the widest pool possible. We are committed to fair and equitable recruitment processes, regardless of applicant's background or characteristics, and we actively encourage applications from underrepresented and diverse talent.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to our application process. If you have any suggestions about how we can improve our processes, please do let us know - we want to do better.
Inventum's approach to job applictions
It is Inventum Group's policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual applicants. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.