Our client who are a vibrant, award winning, trading and investments group dealing in a wide range of commodities, derivatives and financial instruments are looking for a Part Qualified Product Accountant to join their well established and successful finance team.
Role and responsibilities:
- As a member of the finance team, you will gain exposure to the accounting matters of multiple different areas of the business, from the commodity trading desks to the risk management and brokerage services. No two days are the same and there will be many challenges and opportunities that arise as the business continues its rapid growth trajectory.
- New business areas are constantly being cultivated and you will be expected to take the lead on new projects, working independently and taking ownership of your responsibilities in finding innovative solutions to new challenges.
- The role is primarily focused on supervising trade and cash processing, maintaining strict controls and investigating differences, revaluing financial instruments, and reconciling P&L to the trading system.
- You will become familiar with exchange traded statements and OTC products; both spot trades and a range of derivatives including futures, forwards, options, swaps and swaptions, all traded in major currencies.
- You will be trained by experienced and high performing colleagues who will be able to support you in your role.
- You will be comfortable analysing, manipulating and reconciling data.
- You will be involved in system processing, cross border transactions, management reporting and business analysis. You will be exposed to a variety of businesses and financial products.
- You will be given the opportunity to be responsible for the transaction full cycle from initiation recognition to preparation of Financial Statements.
Skills and experience required:
- Financial derivatives understanding and interest.
- Comfortable with mathematics and excel spreadsheets.
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Results orientated and self-motivated.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience within the commodity space highly desired
- Experience in a start-up environment desired but not essential
Inventum is passionate about equity, diversity and inclusion. We seek individuals from the widest talent pool and encourage diverse and underrepresented talent to apply for vacancies with us. Inventum is committed to ensuring our recruitment processes are fair to all applicants, regardless of background and personal characteristics.
Inventum Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.