We're delighted to be parterning with a global consulting firm on an R2R contract role - this role is a 'set up and shape' position, not a traditional transactional R2R role so the successful candidate must have experience setting up R2R functions. Additional bonus if you come from the oil or gas sector.
The ideal candidate should be a finance professional, ideally with an accounting background (qualified), with experience in general ledger, tax and treasury and will need to be able to go into the specifics of the R2R processes, not just at a surface level.
Day to day
- This role will work with the Head of R2R during the set up and cutover of the client Future Systems Operator organisation
- During the set up of the new organisation, the Head of R2R is likely to be bandwidth constrained - with focus on recruitment, governance, etc. This role will step in for the Head of R2R as their delegate as required. For example in board meetings, as an R2R SME and in project deliverables
- This is a project role, and not a R2R delivery role
- 5+ years knowledge and expertise within record to report process
- Working within a controls environment and with complex IT systems
- Relevant operational R2R experience including but not limited to management and financial reporting requirements, plus balance sheet reconciliation and journals, banking, fixed assets, intercompany, HMRC returns.
- Ideally experience of SAP in an energy/ engineering environment, including but not limited to general ledger, inventory, CAPEX, cost accounting, revenue recognition, MDM and periodic close as well as other R2R tools
- Functional experience in systems re-engineering, finance shared services or BPO
- Good communicator with executive presence
If you have the above skillset and are available on short notice, please apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Inventum's approach to equity, diversity & inclusion
Inventum Group seeks talent from the widest pool possible. We are committed to fair and equitable recruitment processes, regardless of applicant's background or characteristics, and we actively encourage applications from underrepresented and diverse talent.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to our application process. If you have any suggestions about how we can improve our processes, please do let us know - we want to do better.
Inventum's approach to job applictions
It is Inventum Group's policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual applicants. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.