Senior Legal Counsel
Our client is a thriving business with an excellent reputation for helping Corporate and Private Clients with their FX and International Payments requirements for over 40 years. As a globally expanding business, their footprint covers UK & Ireland, Europe, USA, Canada, Hong Kong, UAE, Brazil and Australia.
They assist with many different payment needs, including business payment solutions, personal payments abroad (for example buying a property), travel money at airports, and supporting the global supply chain of wholesale banknotes, and are seeking the expertise of a Senior Legal Counsel with a proven Regulatory expertise.
This role will see you leading on Lead on product, M&A, regulatory and commercial legal matters including:
- Providing advice and guidance on all aspects of legal risk especially in respect of building, launching, marketing and operating various payment products including multi-currency operations, payment and cross border transactions, as well as digital banking models and digital wallets in multiple markets, including regulatory/licensing issues.
- Ensuring suitability of Group standard contracts.
- Negotiating contracts on behalf of the UK business and assisting the wider international Group functions with contract negotiation.
- Working with the Group Compliance department and Data Protection function in relation to regulatory requirements (including KYC) and how they pertain to contracts and other documentation reviewed by or produced by the Group Legal team and advising in which jurisdictions the Group is able to operate.
Who you are:
- UK qualified lawyer with 5 years + of experience gained in a large law firm and/or in-house with a major firm.
- Previous Commercial and M&A legal experience gained in private practice is essential.
- Have proven and demonstrable legal knowledge and background in Financial Services
Why this role:
This newly created position will see you form part of a small, yet expanding legal team. This will be an opportunity to take ownership of the scope of Regulatory legal advice given to both the to the UK business as well as the wider international group. The company is looking for Private Practice lawyers who would like to move to an In-House position.
Inventum Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.