Senior Legal Counsel - Fintech
Orlando - Florida
Our client is a thriving business with an excellent reputation for helping Corporate and Private Clients with their FX and International Payments requirements for over 40 years. As a globally expanding business, their footprint covers USA, UK & Ireland, Europe, Canada, Hong Kong, UAE, Brazil and Australia.
They assist with many different payments needs, including business payment solutions, personal payments abroad (for example buying a property), travel money at airports, and supporting the global supply chain of wholesale banknotes. They are currently expanding and are seeking the expertise of a Senior Legal Counsel with a proven Regulatory expertise.
This role based in superb offices in Orlando will see you leading on product, regulatory and commercial legal matters including:
- Providing advice and guidance on all aspects of legal risk especially in respect of building, launching, marketing and operating various payment products including multi-currency operations, payment and cross border transactions, as well as digital banking models and digital wallets in multiple markets, including regulatory/licensing issues.
- Monitoring, reporting and horizon scanning key regulatory changes that can impact the business. These will include directives related to E-money, PSD2,
- MiFID II and digital asset regulation.
- Working with the Group Compliance department and Data Protection function in relation to regulatory requirements (including KYC) and how they pertain to contracts and other documentation reviewed by or produced by the Group Legal team and advising in which jurisdictions the Group is able to operate.
What we are looking for:
- US qualified lawyer with 5 years + of experience gained in a large law firm and/or in-house with a major firm.
- Have proven and demonstrable legal knowledge and the application of FSMA, E-money, PSD2, MiFID II and digital asset regulation, FCA, SEC & PRA rules and guidance in relation to Financial Services.
- Previous commercial legal experience essential.
Why this role:
This is a fantastic newly created opportunity for someone to take on a fundamental role within an expanding Legal team. You will get involved in multiple tasks within an established growing international organisation and provides amazing scope for both strategic and operational self-development.
Inventum Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.