Senior Legal Counsel - Commercial/Corporate
This global media production exists to create world-class content that inspires and excites. They serve clients in all markets, from sport and media to news and entertainment, working all over the world from bases in the UK, Australia, USA, France, Germany and Qatar.
They are seeking a Senior Legal Counsel for their London office, to support on a broad range of commercial contracts across their global business.
Some of the tasks and duties will include:
- Acting as the day to day contact for advising on Commercial/Corporate Law
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of commercial agreements as well reviewing supplier terms and responding to RFP/Tender queries
- Assisting the General Counsel on project matters including joint ventures, mergers, and other key strategic initiatives
- Driving projects triggered by changes in law
- Providing support to internal business functions, such as HR, Sales, IT and Production
- Management of external Counsel
This role will require a lawyer who is adept at building influential relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and is able to understand operational needs and drivers, and offer commercial legal advise. Experience in the media industry is not a prerequisite, but proven commercial law experience is.
Key skills and competencies required will include:
- 5+ PQE lawyer
- Extensive experience of negotiating and drafting commercial contracts and agreements
- Experience of, and propensity to work in an unstructured/start-up environment
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Proven critical analysis skills, and the ability to provide creative solutions to issues and commercial problems
- An interest in media, content creation, online broadcasting
Inventum Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.